Saturday, January 29, 2011

How it's supposed to be...

73 degrees and sunny with a light breeze....a perfect day. :) James is at a friends house helping them prepare to move in. They have been staying with another friend while they have been trying to get this house ready. I have their 2 year old with me in attempt to allow them a little more freedom to focus on painting rather than getting him out of the paint. :) As I dropped off James and picked up Caleb, I looked back at the four car seats I couldn't help but sigh. That's how it's supposed to be and yet it's not how it's supposed to be. Besides the fact that Caleb is a boy (and 6 months older than Karis would have been) God clearly says 3 car seats right now IS how it's supposed to be. He knew beforehand that He would take Karis home. She didn't leave here prematurely, she didn't die too young...she left exactly as in His plan. No matter how much I want to say it's not right, and I still do say that, it really is right because it's exactly as God intended. He knew all along that He was going to take her as soon as she was born, He knew we would never see her first steps or hear her first words. Sometimes i think about that and ask why? Why did you even let us have her at all if you were just going to take her back so soon...but then I remember all the wonderful times I got with her in the womb! The exited feeling I got when I found out I was pregnant! The wondering if she were another boy or our first girl! Finding out she was a girl! The little kicks and the hiccups and knowing I had a precious fragile little girl growing daily inside me. I would not have traded any of that! I would have done all that again even knowing I wouldn't get her longer than that short time.
It's funny how all that went through my head in a matter of minutes! Just in the short ride from this house to ours. 
Thank you Lord for your providence...I may not understand and I may wonder sometimes but I know it will all work out for the good.

No comments:

Post a Comment