Friday, July 1, 2011

Blessings?

"Do you remember when I was in my Momma's tummy?" Yes I do because Justice was in mine! "My Momma wanted a baby really bad and then she had me!" Your right! 
This is the conversation between me and a 4 year old little man (Isaac) who was staying the night with my son's. As I listened to the excitement in his voice and the saw the obvious knowledge of how much his mommy loves him I couldn't help but feel joy. But it also made me feel so sad, how many children out there are not told how much they are loved and wanted?

We say we know and believe "children are a blessing for the Lord"  but do we show that in our actions? Do we tell them not only with words but in deed?! Or do they constantly hear...
 "My house would be so clean if you weren't here"  When we talk about how much they destroy the house and are huffy about putting it back together? (that one is me!)
  "I should've stopped after ____" when we talk about them being an accident.
 "I would have nice things if you weren't here" "things are more important than you" when we talk about wanting nice things but can't have them because we have kids or so many kids...as if it's the younger ones faults.

 Maybe we aren't actually "saying" these things but this IS what they are hearing! Children are very perceptive to our attitudes. Scripture says children are a blessing not a burden! Yet that is how we perceive them in our society. And it's oozing it's slimy head into our homes! We are all guilty of these some of the time but is it more often than not? Is this our thought process regularly? Lord, I pray it isn't!

The house will be clean eventually. God NEVER makes mistakes, there are no "accidents" but they are  purposely placed in our lives, hand picked by our heavenly father as gifts to us! You already have beautiful treasures they just don't come in the earthly packaged treasure but rather in flesh and blood.

Let's treat them as such!


Coming from a very humbled and broken momma. May the Lord continue His showing me where I need to improve!

No comments:

Post a Comment