Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Autumn's birth story....

Where do I start? I guess I will start with the awesome family gathering we were having! Reed and Heather had come down to visit and we were all going to go watch "The Avengers" which had just come out I wanna say that week. Doug, Melissa and the kids were here too.  Chloe was going to be leaving for Montana shortly after this get together so it was kinda a lets get together while we still can kind of thing. 
                                      This picture was taken the day before she arrived. :)

I wanna say the movie was around 1 and I had prayed asking God to let me have Autumn while Reed was still in town ( I had been having contraction on and off the last couple weeks before, my body getting ready for Autumn) So I knew I could go in to labor any time. But I also prayed the Lord wouldn't ruin our family trip to the movies with water breaking or anything like that! 
During the movie I had many good contractions again I wasn't thinking much about them even when they were breath a little deeper ones because like I said I had been having contractions for 2 weeks been there done that. Although even though I didn't know my mom and James were looking at each other every now and then in the movie and talking about my contractions. 
We left the movie and Mom made me go home right away to rest, just in case anything happened later I would be better rested while a couple of the family went grocery shopping for a few items to add to our planned steak dinner!
Well once I got home around 3-3:30 lo and behold I started feeling the contractions harder and they were closer together. I was never checked for dilation (at my request). This whole time still not believing I was in labor because I had felt these before and they weren't "different" enough.  Mom knew, James knew, every one knew but me I think. I probably didn't think it was real until around 5 or 6. When I started feeling like I wanted to get in the birth pool. I even told Mom I don't think I'm far enough along but I want in the pool and she said then get in girl! She knew I was probably well enough along if I was asking to get in.

              Mom and Melissa were both awesome helping to relieve some of the birth pains. 
Side note....Our upstairs air conditioning didn't work that's why we had a fan in the stairway...

Anyways I don't know when but other family and a few friends were called/texted to go ahead and start heading towards the house. My Mom in law brought snacks and drinks and all kinds of goodies for adult and kids alike because she's just awesome like that. Not everyone made it by the time she arrived because you know they had their own lives they had to get in order before they could come. But God knew who all needed to be there and they were there.

Autumn was born at 7:15 after breathing through I think 2 contractions before she pushed herself out. Weighing in at 8 pounds and 21 inches long. 

                                                 This was one of the first pictures taken...

not sure how old but still within the first 24 hours...

All the kids not just siblings wanted to hold her....

Dawson, my can't wait to be a daddy of his own one day, holding baby sister...

Autumn Joy Lynne (The Joy of harvest overflowing) 


No comments:

Post a Comment